Thursday, June 08, 2006

VW Credit Update

I spoke with Volkswagen Credit today and they were very helpful. They will be reporting my good credit history to all three credit bureaus and have already faxed me a closed statement to me for proof in the meantime. I was informed that I can conference call with VW Credit if the closed account statement isn’t enough. In case you didn't know, there’s a lag of approximately 30 days between report time and when it will show up on my credit report.

On a separate note, I cleared up a collection that was appearing on my credit report a couple weeks ago. I have a confirmation number for settling that blemish, but it still may be showing on my report because of the aforementioned lag time.

Hopefully these actions will help when negotiating with Chase & I'll even talk to Discover to see if sending in proof of the additional loan/credit history will help.

No comments: